mercoledì 23 marzo 2011






Vanity Fair Italia- Andrej Pajic




TRANSLATION...

A living mystery, that  not even (he? her?) knows how to reveal, shake the world of the Parisian fashion.
A creature with pale skin, with a hint of breast, delicate features and male's name, has created astonishment
when he appeared, dress like a bride, at Jean-Paul Gaultier's fashion show few weeks ago. Meanwhile,
in other catwalks,  he walk for menswear.
"The most beautiful bride i ever seen" has said his mother on YouTube. "As a child he used my make up,
he wore my heels. I had never imagined that he would do so much career."
You see Andrej Pejic in a Parisian photo studio and you start to feel a morbid curiosity. But Andrej is impenetrable.
He change clothes behind a mirror, he avoids the intimacy that is created on the set.
When the lunch break arrived, he came close. "Let's do the interview while eating, i'm starving. I want some pasta."
Having been born in Bosnia, and grew up in Melbourne, he can not know that what they bring us - overcooked spaghetti
floating in a sea of cream with smoked salmon that tastes like salt cod - is a terrible thing.
"Very Good" say Andrej. "I would come in Milan for two things: Dolce & Gabbana and the food."

How can you be so ethereal, eating pasta like this?"I do sport."

Why do you think that your character is so fascinating?
"We live in a boring era, people have no desire to experiment. Maybe I break the mold. I'm different and I am committed to
cutivating my  uniqueness, since i was lucky to enter in a world that gave me the right tools to transform myself."

Androgynous, transsexual: these are terms that often occur when it comes to Andrej Pejic. And you, how would you define yourself?
"If we talk about sexual orientation, i'll say that love has no boundaries. Actually I'm single: I think I'm not particularly attracted by sex, even if i believe in feelings.  Instead, if we talk about gender, i'm very comfortable with the ambiguity that i'm representing.  I realize that
I'm really feminine, not only in my aspect, but in my way of being too.

Can you tell me your life?"I was born in Bosnia, 2 months before the war has started, from a croatian father and a bosnian mother. When i was 8 i left, with my brother, my mother and my grandmother, for the Australia. My father has never join us here. Now he live in Croatia. He was an economist, now he's unemployed from years. Mom was an advocate but, in Melbourne, she has become and High School Teacher."

She was never being opposed to your desire to express yourself in such original way?"Mom is ahead: she loves her kids so much that she accept everything that them want or can be. Now is my passionate fan.  Even my brother Igor, who is 21, heterosexual and studying Civil Engineering, is very supportive.

Who do you admire as a kid?
"David Bowie, Amanda Lear, Boy George, even Salvador Dalì, Madonna: were the 80s and the strangeness didn't make people raise an eyebrow lik now. "
 
Did the ambiguity always had been an inspiration for you?
"I think so, even if i wasn't conscious of that.  When it came the adolescence i couldn't hide myself anymore, and my body wasn't helping: i never had pimples, my voice was still feminine, i liked to dress up and i started to bleach my hair."
 
And the beard? How did you make it disappear, like all of your body hair?
"I'm not against cosmetic surgery and the little tricks that womans use to improve their physical appearance."
 
You said you believe in love. Have you ever find it? Did you had partners?
"Yes, of course. But i'm not sure if i was in love. Being with someone is beautiful when you fully engage to it  and i'm an autonomous person, someone that is not able to love completely." 
 
Maybe you had a lover in high school?
"Yes, but don't ask me if it was a boy or a girl, because i've already say that, for me, love has no boundaries. And I've to confess that I really enjoy to raise all this interest, so i will not tell  you which side i am.  Even because, actually, i don't know it too."

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento